Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens

Actually, raindrops on roses are NOT one of my favorite things, because when I think about raindrops on roses, the mental picture that forms is one of cheap fake flowers with faux plastic dewdrops on the petals. Have you seen those? You can find them at your local drugstore in the weeks leading up to Valentine's Day. They're the saddest thing I've ever seen.

I do like whiskers on kittens, though.

Anyway, I hope this isn't lame, but I thought I'd whip up a list of my (current) favorite things. That's very self-indulgent, isn't it? Well, this entire blog is by its very nature self-indulgent, so why fight it?

Food:
-The curry at Chan Darette
-Seedless grapes
-Baby carrots (They're like crack, these things! If I could smoke them, I would.)
-Apple sauce
-The carnitas street tacos at Rubio's
-Orange juice
-Jasmine green tea
-Pumpkin butter, something I found at Trader Joe's

Movies:
-Shaun of the Dead
-Ray

Books:
-The Okinawa Program
-Taking Charge of Your Fertility (just, you know, for future reference)

Television:
-Project Runway (which has inspired me to ask for a sewing lesson from my friend)
-Supernanny (oh, the horror!)
-Oprah
-Unscripted
-Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (Ty Pennington = cheesy like a radio deejay, yet so very pleasant to look at, and talented to boot)
-The brand spankin' new season of The Amazing Race, featuring a JMU alum (go Dukes!)

URLs:
-Rotten Tomatoes
-Margaret Cho's blog, which I just recently discovered
-Slate
-Television Without Pity, of course
-Wikipedia
-Good ol' Craig's List

Music:
-The Black-Eyed Peas
-The Black-Eyed Peas
-The Black-Eyed Peas
-Maroon 5
-The Black-Eyed Peas

Hobbies:
-Blogging, natch
-Journaling
-Knitting
-Cooking (nothing crazy, but I did make miso soup recently, and a baked chicken-and-root-vegetables thing with Tandoori marinade last weekend)

People:
-S
-Our vet
-Barbara Boxer
-Jamie Foxx

NEWSFLASH! NEWSFLASH! This just in! My wee little 26-year-old brother and his lovely wife T are preggers! It's all very exciting and mind-boggling...
My niece/nephew is due in November.

No comments: