Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nice to see you again

Hello! My little family and I just got back from a lovely week-long trip to Falls Church, Virginia, just outside Washington, D.C., to visit S's family. We had an excellent time---so excellent, in fact, that I found myself in a bit of a teary funk on Sunday afternoon, after we arrived back in L.A. I just love Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. We'd live there if we didn't live here. And I adore S's family and all of our friends in the area. It's difficult getting to see them all only once or twice a year, especially now that many of these friends have kids.
Sigh.
Anyway, we're back in sunny SoCal now, getting back to our routines bit by bit.
I've been adjusting my resolutions for 2008. I started reading French Women Don't Get Fat in Falls Church, and it's changing the way I think about eating and weight loss. I'm inspired to seek out higher quality ingredients for cooking, focus more on using fruits and veggies that are in season, and eat for pleasure. Also, it makes me want to go to France! If S and I start saving now, we should have enough money for a French family vacation by the time Maya graduates from college.
:-)
OK, S has American Idol on right now, and it's making me tense. I just can't stand these ridiculous, overblown, under-edited, forced-sentimental audition episodes. Ugh. Why must Fox trot out these delusional young people, many of them with sad stories, some of them with what seem to be mental illnessnesses, and exploit them for fun and profit? Errgh.
*shakes fist*

No comments: