Wednesday, November 07, 2007

More of life's simple pleasures—from my perspective

Ugh. This has not been the Best Week Ever in the life of M. I think I'll do another "simple pleasures" roundup to remind myself of the many little things that make me happy. I think this time I will categorize.

Food: a McDonald's cheeseburger (just once in a while); a perfectly made margarita on the rocks (with or without salt); two glasses of red wine; bread and butter; a ripe, juicy peach; an occasional glass of cold beer; homemade chocolate cake; Cadbury chocolate; a plate of decadent, cheesy nachos

Weather: a thunderstorm complete with flash lightning; a warm, breezy day; a chilly autumn day; bright sunlight; a clear night

People/Relationships: getting a baby to laugh; weddings; being told "I love you" by a parent, child, or sibling; uncontrollable laughter with a friend; goofy inside jokes

Hobbies/Recreation: Performing a rhythmic tap step faster and fasterandfasterandFASTER; banging out an intense 20 minutes on an exercise bike or treadmill; chasing Maya around at the playground; completing a Jumble or Soduku puzzle; simple stretching

...and making lists.
;-)

No comments: